Well folks, what a day! We are absolutely overwhelmed at the feedback we have had for our first running of the SPF Lancashire Lanes raising funds for Kevin Humphries SPF Charity K3 Zadara Race Across Europe. A magnificent £5000 was raised in total.
The weather was glorious and the turnout was amazing.
In total we had 299 entries with 274 actually taking on the route.
We have a lot of people to thank for making this happen.
Firstly thank you to:
- Phil & Vicky Thomas from Aintree Osteopaths for giving the SPF and Thatto Cycles the opportunity to stage this great event.
- To Thatto Cycles Team Paul Stead & Family, Tel, Jo, Paul Lynch who all assisted in every aspect of the ride. Absolutely phenomenal support as ever.
- Graham Ward for advice and expertise on Traffic Management.
- North Mersey Business Centre - Steve Dumbell for the usage of the car park and excellent facilities.
- Karen Sledge & Brindle St Josephs Community Hall - Perfect Idyllic location for the food stop.
- Buttylicious Thatto Heath - Preparation and delivery of the phenomenal Beans & Toast. You can't beat beans on toast, proper race food.
- The SPF volunteers, Linzi Prescott. Alex & Roy Chicken, Cathy Varley, Ade Cunliffe, June Orford, Carrie Denning, Tony Harmon and Race Across Europe Support Team.
- All Kevin Humphries family and friends :- Mrs Humphries, sisters Julie and Elaine who helped with registration this morning. Brother in law Jon. Chris Green and Mike Holmes.
- The Bikeriders Marshalls who where fantastic and provided an excellent link between riders and control.
- To everyone else who helped, a massive thank you.
And finally to all the riders who took part, without you we could not help those less fortunate.
Please keep updated on the Lancashire Lanes social media with entries for next years ride open soon.